Sunday 1 September 2013

90's Tartan Grunge





  
 
 

 

 
 

Dress / Penneys (Primark), Creepers / Korkys (HERE)
Over the Knee Socks / M&S, Watch / Guess 
Velvet Headband / D.I.Y, Handbag / Mulberry (HERE) 
Leather Biker / Topshop

For my latest outfit blog post I've coupled this seasons 90s punk rock grunge and tartan trends together for a fantastic AW 13/14 fashion fusion. 

I'm a massive fan of tartan and check prints so I'm delighted they've returned to our rails this season. This trend can be found at designer fashion houses such as Burberry, Celine and Chanel and on the walls of our beloved high street retailers (Topshop, Penneys and River Island). This is a look that will be super popular this season. 

I spotted this dress while shopping in the Dundrum Town Centre today thoughts of grunge, punk rock and teen angst sprung to mind! The fit is very slimming; the A-line shape just skims the hips and the material feels thick, luxurious and above all comfortable (a mix of mainly cotton and polyester). 

At €17 it had to be snapped up for my collection! It's a very affordable way to follow the fashion trend without breaking the bank!

Those who know me well will tell you that I'd never wear an outfit like this out and about for fear of looking like a Japanese Anime character. So I'm going to pare it back a little for the cold weather by wearing thick black tights and a black wooly beanie. 

Hope you all enjoyed my latest look!
 
Love Laura xox
 
 

10 comments:

  1. you looking so cool in this outfir. i like ir.
    i follow you.
    www.djordjevich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you're ready for autumn in full swing. Love the dress and how you paired with knee high socks and creepers. Grunge is definitely what everyone is talking about this season. Looking cool

    Naaj
    http://naajronaslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can see you in that outfit asn an angsty teenager, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Visit me on
    circleofchaos on mystylehit.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look is gorgeous (nawt Japanese Anime on you don't worry, the leather jacket is awesome with it and definitely prevents that xD) - I'm also seriously into the latest punk/tartan new-season trends, and you've really pulled the look off effortlessly and stylishly! Such a bargain for the dress, love :)

    Your blog is so cool btw! Followed you on Bloglovin :))

    Amelia xx
    http://lafemmeeclectique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg what a lovely comment thank u so much :)
      I love ur blog too! Followed u back.

      Love Laura xxx

      Delete
  6. Super cute look! It's so preppy. I like your blog.

    oliveneedspopeye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving this look on you! Totally rocked it. :)

    mylightison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute!

    xx
    A&G
    radarmagazine.se/alicegabriella/

    ReplyDelete