Wednesday 28 August 2013

Laura Loves ...

Penneys false nails !


Oh my God I absolutely love these glue on false nails!!!

I complimented my brothers Girlfriend's gorgeous nails at a BBQ at the beginning of summer assuming they were shellac or gel nails that cost a bomb but when she told me they were from Penneys and that they are only €1.50 a pop I nearly fell off my chair. 

I literally went in the next day and picked up a set with bows on them and a set of luminous coral ones. A few weeks after I picked up a blush pink set, a lime set and these moustachioed babies! Recently I've seen burgundy and red studded ones. 

I put the bow set on before my holiday to Portugal in June and I was so impressed that they lasted the full week even though I was in and out of the pool and using loads of oily suncream and exfoliators. Since then I've been hooked!!! But, if your nails are weak unfortunately I'd advise you to stay away from them, the glue makes your nails really soft and brittle. Even people with strong nails should wait a few weeks in between applications to allow your own nails to regain strength. I found the overall quality of these false nails good, the nails don't snap and the colour doesn't fade but some come jagged around the edges however these imperfections can be easily filed off using a nail file. 

With the bargain price, the massive selection, the longevity and the acceptable quality these nails definitely get the "Laura Loves" seal of approval !!! I want a pair in every colour!

Below is a quick tutorial on how to apply the nails. 


 

1. Cut your nails down short
2. Remove all traces of nail varnish from your nails
3. File away any jagged edges 
4. Using a cuticle remover, remove any overgrown cuticles 



 

 

5. From the pack of 24 select out what size false nail fits every finger, I recommend laying them out in order so you don't get mixed up and apply the wrong false nail to the wrong finger!
6. Apply a thin layer of glue onto your first nail and place the false nail down as near to your cuticle as possible (but not on your cuticle) press it down on your nail for about 5 seconds
7. Repeat on all your other nails
8. File the false nails into the shape and length that suits you and Voila gorgeous nails in no time!




I hope you all enjoyed my Penneys false nails review and tutorial,
Thanks for reading,

Love Laura xox

 

2 comments:

  1. They are so cute. Quick and super easy. Going to try it

    Naaj
    http://naajronaslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Primark, I't an amazing shop!
    This false nail looks so good :D

    Niente di Serio
    Niente di Serio Facebook

    ReplyDelete