Saturday 24 August 2013

Shutterbug Vintage Kilo Sale & Folkster Pop-Up Shop



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

Sequins, chiffon, suede, fur, leather, denim, sholder pads, peplum, mini, maxi, midi... am I in heaven?

After work on Saturday I attented the shutterbug vintage kilo sale and folkster pop up shop event in Moxie Studios, Lad Lane, off Baggot Street. As I got off the bus I could see the droves of people emerging from Lad Lane with stuffed bags and happy faces. I got butterflies in my tummy, feeling like I was on a treasue hunt as I followed the cute direction signs through the lanes. Outside the venue was a hive of excitement, music emerging from the venue, trailers selling food and beverages and what a buzz!

I was taken away by the grand scale of the building, it was a huge warehouse filled wall to wall with rails of vintage clothes. WOW. I took off searching through the rails finding three gorgeous vintage midi skirts. The best thing about the event was all the clothes were weighed and charged by the kilo (for example, for €20 you could pick up, 3-6 lighter items, 2-3 medium weight items or 1 heavy item). My three skirts cost me a grand total of just €14. What a steal!! I had hoped to find a lot more pieces but I put this down to my late arrival, so next time it's on I'm going to take the day off work and queue early.  

The Folkster pop-up shop was fantastic; jewellery, floral crowns, turbans, fedoras, bowlers, swimsuits, handbags, clothes and Jeffrey Campbell's, to name just a few! But I was seriously disappointed when I found out all of the fedoras and floppy hats were sold out, they posted the picture of the hats (above) on their Facebook page prior to the event and I was determined to get my hands on one but by the time I made it there after work they were all sold out :( I was devastated but I made up for my loss by getting a necklace, a floral crown, a bracelet and a feather ear cuff :) according to their Facebook page the hats will be available on their website soon!!!

All the items I got are pictured below. Watch out for them featuring in future OOTDs. 


 
 
 

I could literally go on and on about this event for ever and ever I enjoyed it so much it was so well run lots of staff, security, dj and a never ending supply of the most gorgeous vintage clothes. Hats off to the shutterbug/folkster team. Don't worry if you missed it you can visit the shutterbug store on 27 Patrick Street, Kilkenny or add them on facebook www.facebook.com/shutterbugshop or visit the folkster website www.folkster.com
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it !!!

Love Laura xox

If you have any questions or would like to know more email me at moustachemouth90@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. nice..., hey get in touch with me am a blogger........ i could guest feature you on my blog liz.baah@hotmail.com


    tegalicocious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like a dream. Love what you bought especially the flowery headband.
    xx
    www.jessicaroseturner.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura! My friend went to this and got the most amazing stuff! I'm so raging I didn't know about it! Blog is great :) Yvonne (hitchingsouth.co.nz)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wishing I lived somewhere where stuff like this happened! We don't even have any legitimate vintage shops around here. :(

    Lauren
    http://somestuffilove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete