Sunday 15 September 2013

Dublin Flight-Fest 2013


Today Dublin hosted the biggest fly-by-festival in Irish aviation history! 

 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

My boyfriend and I usually plan fun dates on Sundays so we decided to pop in to have a look at Dublin's Flight-Fest taking place along the river Liffey in Dublin city. 

The event kicked off at 2 o'clock so we decided to head in at 1 to soak up the atmosphere before the show. We arrived to pouring rain and ferocious wind, but with a bit of luck of the Irish the rain pushed off just before the event started! Music acts, face painters, street performers and food vendors entertained the crowds prior to the event. Freebies such as sweets, balloons and key rings also provided amusement. 

It's estimated that over 100,000 spectators turned out!!! I couldn't get over the amount of people there and the range of aircraft on display, from the most modern commercial planes and the worlds largest jumbo jet to old World War II fighter planes. I don't know the first thing about planes but I really enjoyed this event, however, I felt the build up was far more exciting than the show. The chill got to us by 3 o'clock so we watched the planes go overhead as we walked back down the quays to O'Connell Street. 

We popped into Forever21 for a 'quick' look and I ended coming out with 2 shirts, a vest and a dress!! TYPICAL !! (I will show you them in a haul blog soon). We finished the day with a burrito from my new favourite burrito bar, Boojum. Yum. 


Hope you all enjoyed reading about my day at the Flight-Fest,

Have a great week,

Love Laura xox 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,

    I love your blog and your taste. Would love for you to check out mine sometime.

    http://www.thecharlestoner.me/2013/09/blamping.html

    ReplyDelete