Saturday 3 May 2014

I Want To Ride My Bicycle

Photo: Sarah Orr (sarahorrphotography.ie)
Coat / ASOS , Fedora / H&M , Brogues / M&S 
Laces / American Apparel , Skirt / New Look
Bicycle / Dawes Duchess

I love this photo taken by Sarah Orr for U Magazine a few months ago. I totally forgot about writing a post about it until now!

I had just bought this bike and really wanted it to be in the shot because I became so obsessed with it. It's made by Dawes and is suitably named the 'Dawes Duchess'. We are always looking for new ways to keep fit and cycling a bike rather than driving to your destination is a fun way of doing just that! Since I've bought it I have seen so many girls cycle around on them wearing the cutest outfits! The low crossbar mean there's no hassle getting onto the bike in a skirt and the wide handlebars allow you to sit up straight while cycling. However the bike is a city bike which means it's a lot heavier than hybrid/racer/mountain bikes and does not suit rough or mountain terrain. Not a bike for the cycle fanatics but for the cycle fashionistas and believe you me it does keep you fit!

Have a great weekend!

Love Laura
XOX

2 comments: